Tuesday 12 November 2019

Sherry Turkle Ted Talk

I can definitely relate to Sherry Turkle's ted talk, phones cannot create a proper sense of connection between people. Although talking to friends online can be entertaining, the atmosphere, energy, and emotion that talking face to face brings is incomparable. Still ironically, I never forget to check my phone though ought the day. I agree that this form of connection makes us more isolated, conversations should not be thought out where we can say and express only what we desire. Raw conversation allows for true feelings and emotion to be expressed to a certain extent, and that is surely a key part to building bonds and meaningful relationships with people.

1 comment:

  1. Your point about an feeling "incomparable" made me stop and think for a moment about how our text conversations feel almost emulated.

    ReplyDelete

A Vision of Students and Photo essay

A Vision of Students: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7V_N9Hz_V8 My photo essay takes place in Bernard Park, a popular dog walking are...